BNF for Children November 2022 Update
This update contains 3 significant changes, 4 dose changes, 1 new monograph and 5 new preparations.
• COVID-19 vaccines: updated guidance for immunisation.
• Methylphenidate hydrochloride long-acting (modified-release) preparations: caution if switching between products due to differences in formulations [MHRA/CHM advice].
• Nebulised asthma rescue therapy in children: home use of nebulisers in paediatric asthma should be initiated and managed only by specialists [MHRA/CHM advice] (advice in ipratropium bromide, salbutamol, terbutaline sulfate; see example in ipratropium bromide).
• Prednisolone [update to dosing for infantile spasms].
• Tetracosactide [update to dosing for infantile spasms].
• Vigabatrin [update to dosing for infantile spasms].
• Xeljanz® (tofacitinib) [update to dosing for polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis and juvenile psoriatic arthritis using oral solution].
• Sibnayal® [potassium citrate with potassium bicarbonate].
New Preparations: Avenor®, Seffalair Spiromax®, Sereflo Ciphaler®, Stalpex® [fluticasone with salmeterol]; Nuvaxovid® [COVID-19 vaccine].
For further details on changes in the BNFC click on https://www.medicinescomplete.com/#/content/bnfc/PHP107699?hspl=changes