• Atezolizumab (Tecentriq®▼): risk of severe cutaneous adverse reactions (SCARs) [MHRA/CHM advice].
• Esomeprazole: updated breast feeding statement.
• Hypoglycaemia: updated guidance.
• Immune thrombocytopenic purpura: updated guidance.
• Lansoprazole: updated breast feeding statement.
• Life support algorithm (image): adult advanced life support algorithm image updated.
• Pantoprazole: updated breast feeding statement.
• Polycystic ovary syndrome: updated guidance on management.
• Polyethylene glycol (PEG) laxatives and starch-based thickeners: potential interactive effect when mixed, leading to an increased risk of aspiration [MHRA/CHM advice] (advice in macrogol 3350, macrogol 3350 with anhydrous sodium sulfate, ascorbic acid, potassium chloride, sodium ascorbate and sodium chloride, macrogol 3350 with anhydrous sodium sulfate, potassium chloride, sodium bicarbonate and sodium chloride, macrogol 3350 with potassium chloride, sodium bicarbonate and sodium chloride; see example in macrogol 3350).
• Prescribing in dental practice: updated guidance on the management of hypoglycaemia.
• Rabeprazole sodium: updated breast feeding statement.
• Sodium nitrite: risk of death from unintended administration of sodium nitrite [NPSA advice].
• Tofacitinib (Xeljanz®▼): initial clinical trial results of increased risk of major adverse cardiovascular events and malignancies (excluding NMSC) with use of tofacitinib relative to TNF-alpha inhibitors [MHRA/CHM advice].
• Amiodarone hydrochloride [update to dosing for the treatment of ventricular fibrillation or pulseless ventricular tachycardia refractory to defibrillation (for cardiopulmonary resuscitation)].
• Budenofalk® capsules and granules (budesonide) [update to dosing for microscopic colitis].
• Canagliflozin [update to dosing in renal impairment].
• Entocort® capsules (budesonide) [update to dosing for microscopic colitis].
• Glucose [update to dosing for hypoglycaemia].
• Medical emergencies in the community [update to dosing of glucose for hypoglycaemia].
• Naloxone hydrochloride [update to dosing for treatment of acute opioid overdosage including high- and low-dose regimens].
For further details on changes in the BNF click on http://www.medicinescomplete.com/mc/bnf/current/PHP107699-changes.htm