Martindale June 2018 update
This update contains 11 new monographs and 28 existing monographs have been updated. Preparations have been updated for 5 countries.
- Bictegravir: is an HIV-integrase inhibitor used in the treatment of HIV infection.
- Cerliponase alfa: is a recombinant enzyme used to slow the loss of motor function and language skills in symptomatic patients with late-infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis type 2.
- Ertugliflozin: is a sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 inhibitor that is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Gusekumab: is an antibody that targets interleukin-23 and is used for the treatment of plaque psoriasis.
- Letermovir: is a CMV DNA terminase complex inhibitor that is used for the prophylaxis of CMV infection and disease in adult CMV-seropositive recipients of an allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplant.
- Macimorelin: is a growth hormone stimulant used orally for the diagnosis of adult growth hormone deficiency.
- Migalastat: is a stabiliser of the alpha galactosidase A enzyme that is used orally in the treatment of Fabry disease.
- Naldemedine: is a peripherally-acting opioid antagonist used for the treatment of opioid-induced constipation in patients with chronic, non-cancer pain.
- Ozenoxacin: is a quinolone antibacterial applied topically in the treatment of impetigo.
- Semaglutide: is a glucagon-like peptide 1 receptor agonist used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Voretigene neparvovec: is a gene therapy product used for treating biallelic RPE65 mutation-associated retinal dystrophy.
- Asfotase alfa: also licensed for paediatric-onset hypophosphatasia. Adverse effects and precautions has been updated.
- Canagliflozin: abstract on risk of amputation added.
- Ceftriaxone Sodium: uses and administration has been updated.
- Ceritinib: uses extended to include first-line treatment of metastatic non-small cell lung cancer.
- Desmopressin: new abstract on administration added. Uses and administration has been updated.
- Eculizumab: also licensed for use in myasthenia gravis.
- Empagliflozin: also licensed to reduce the risk of cardiovascular death in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Interferon Alfa: also licensed for the treatment of hepatitis B in children. Adverse effects have been updated.
- Metformin: diabetes mellitus abstract has been updated with information on use in the prevention of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Methylthioninium Chloride: new record on incompatibility added and administration in children abstract has been updated.
- Ocrelizumab: also licensed for the treatment of relapsing and primary progressive multiple sclerosis.
- Ulipristal acetate: use for treating uterine fibroids restricted following reports of serious liver injury.
Updated names, synonyms and codes; official standards; official preparation: Ph Eur 9.3 and USP40/USNF35 Suppl 1 and 2.
Proprietary Preparations and Manufacturers updated for the following countries and regions: India, Philippines, UK†, USA†, Venezuela. († Countries updated on an ongoing basis)